|Scanner Element||CIS (Colour Contact Image Sensor)|
|Light Source||3-colour (RGB) LED|
|Optical Resolution*1||4800 x 4800dpi|
|Selectable Resolution*2||25 – 19200dpi|
|Scanning Bit Depth|
|Colour||48-bit input (16-bit for each colour)
Win: [48 or 24-bit output (16-bit or 8-bit for each colour)]
Mac: [24-bit output (8-bit for each colour)]
*48-bit: Windows TWAIN Driver only
|Preview Speed*3||Approx. 7 sec|
|Colour A4, 300dpi||Approx. 8 sec|
|Colour 4×6, 300dpi||Approx. 4 sec|
|Grayscale, B&W||8.2msec/line (4800 dpi)
4.3msec/line (2400 dpi)
2.2msec/line (1200 dpi)
1.3msec/line (600 dpi)
1.7msec/line (300 dpi)
|Colour||25.4msec/line (4800 dpi)
14.8msec/line (2400 dpi)
6.6msec/line (1200 dpi)
3.8msec/line (600 dpi)
1.7msec/line (300 dpi)
|Maximum Document Size||A4 / Letter (216 x 297mm)|
|Scanner Buttons (EZ Buttons)||5 buttons (PDF x 2, AUTOSCAN, COPY, SEND）|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Type-C|
|System Requirements*6||Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1
Mac OS 10.12 ~10.13, Mac OS X v10.11.6
|Temperature||5 – 35°C|
|Humidity||10 – 90% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power Supply||Supplied via USB port|
|Maximum during operation||approx. 4.5W|
|Regulation||RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- Increasing the scanning resolution will limit the maximum possible scanning area.
- Pre-processing time is not included.
- Connecting the bundled USB cable to the port corresponding to USB3.0 and above on PC. Colour document scan speed: (Colour A4, 300dpi) is measured with ISO/IEC 29183 Target-A. Colour photo scan speed: (4×6″, 300dpi) is measured with ISO//JIS SCID No.2. Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and the on-screen status display turns off. Scan speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, scan mode settings and document size etc.
- The fastest speed in Hi-Speed USB on Windows PC. Transfer time to computer is not included.
- To confirm OS compatibility and download the latest driver updates, please visit Canon Support page.
TWAIN driver (ScanGear) is based on the TWAIN specification V1.9 and requires the Data Source Manager comes with the operating system.